Advocacy with Impact: Give Testimony
Public speaking on behalf of children and youth is an invaluable way to raise awareness on issues that can impede their chances of success. Public officials and policy members depend on hearing firsthand accounts from concerned citizens about what’s working and what needs to be improved.
PCCY regularly gives testimony that has been instrumental in safeguarding programs and funding for kids.
Click here for additional help writing testimony:
- Tips for writing your testimony
- How and where to register to speak
- Directory of City and School District Officials
- Legislative visit toolkit -Talking points for advocates
- Sample testimony
- Sample letter to the Editor